Inspired by the grand homes on Nantucket Island, the Nantucket Whale Inn is conveniently located on the quiet end of Main Street in the charming and historic village of Half Moon Bay.
"The Innkeeper, David, and his husband, Jerry, have brought some of the East Coast charm of Nantucket Island to the West Coast. Their love of Nantucket is evident throughout the Inn. For those, who have had the good fortune to spend time on the faraway island 30 miles off Cape Cod and only reached by boat or plane, one remembers the beautiful grey shingle houses and grand mansions, rose covered cottages, the omnipresent hydrangeas and the tremendous respect for whales. The “Grey Lady,” as the island is affectionately called by locals, has the same wondrous misty, ethereal fog that sometimes blows through Half Moon Bay."
Nantucket Whale Inn offer seven unique guest quarters - six in the main house and one off the garden.
- HD DirecTV and DVD player and a private full bathroom.
- Some rooms have gas fireplaces and whirlpool tubs.
thick luxurious towels.
- Spa bathrobes and HERMES bath products from France.
- Free wireless internet access.
- Complimentary wine, cheeses, meats and other delicious offerings every day in the late afternoon/early evening.
- New outdoor spa.
- Garden Sitting Area with Fire Table.
- In the morning, savor fair trade organic coffee, teas, cider, hot chocolate and delicious breakfasts.
Things To Do In The Area
- Hike for miles through the giant redwood forests only a half mile from the Inn or along the high cliffs above the sea.
- Bike the shoreline.
- Visit a goat farm where fine goat cheese is made.
- Taste local wines and micro brews, or tour and picnic at Filoli, one of America's architectural treasures.
Walk to the shops, the beach and the many fine restaurants and eateries nearby.
- For those wishing to simply relax and not drive, the Nantucket Whale Inn is the perfect place. Enjoy reading a great book in your room, in the living room or outside in the garden.